Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Best Songs of 2014


THE BEST SONGS OF 2014

Rdio Playlist:


See the full list after the jump:


25.   Ingrid Michaelson – Girls Chase Boys
24.   Hey Rosetta! – Soft Offering (For the Oft Suffering)
23.   Perfume Genius – Fool

The first third of this song is probably an A-. The middle third is a C-. The final third is an A+.

22.   Timber Timbre – Hot Dreams
21.   Matthew Barber – Magnet Eyes
20.   Bleachers – I Wanna Get Better
19.   Taylor Swift – Blank Space
18.   Chromeo – Jealous (I Ain’t Wit It)
17.   Charli XCX – Boom Clap
16.   Sharon Van Etten – Tarifa
15.   Perfume Genius – Queen
 Favourite lyric of the year: “No family is safe when I sashay.”


14.   Angel Olsen – Hi-Five
 Second favourite lyric of the year: “So you’re lonely too? High five! So am I!”


13.   Spoon – Inside Out
12.   Michael Jackson – Love Never Felt So Good
11.   Little Dragon - Paris

10.   TV on the Radio – Happy Idiot



9.     Taylor Swift – Shake It Off


 

I think I need some Swiftamine:



8.     Kiesza - Hideaway



7.     The Rural Alberta Advantage – On the Rocks



6.     Wye Oak – Glory



5.     My Brightest Diamond – Lover Killer



4.     Against Me! – Transgender Dysphoria Blues
 Easily the most culturally important song on this list, it is a knockout combination of a catchy punk tune and heartbreaking lyrics.




3.     FKA twigs – Two Weeks
 I think Andrew Unterberger of SPIN said it best: “Songs this sexy shouldn’t be this scary; songs this scary shouldn’t be this soothing.”




2.     The War on Drugs – Red Eyes
 Slow building and relentless, it became one of my go to songs when I was out running.




1.     Future Islands – Seasons (Waiting on You)
 


One of the most unique songs I heard this year, it just infects you and makes you want to dance like its lead singer: 

No comments:

Post a Comment